- To establish academic programs consistent with the mission of the University.
- To offer educational experiences that stimulate a desire for learning.
- To provide programs and services supportive of the academic objectives and relevant to the needs of employers, the economy and good citizenship.
- To provide student support services that adequately address the diverse needs of international students.
- To implement faculty and staff development procedures and programs which will ensure a high quality educational environment.
- To provide students, through the “UNVA Graduate Co-Operative Education Program,” both the educational theory and work experience to better prepare them for successful careers after graduation.
- To provide a program for international students which will aid them in their career development.
- To maintain a systematic program of worldwide institutional development and research.